Both the 13th century Bulwark Tower,
located right next to the “Soleo” municipal
baths, and the Götz Tower bear witness
to the city's fortification which was started
during the Hohenstaufen dynasty.
In the middle of the 17th century, the Swedes
and the French added a major bulwark to
The current name originated during these
days, whereas before it was referred to
as Spherical Tower.
In 1519, Götz von Berlichingen, then a senior
Württembergian civil servant in Möckmühl,
was taken prisoner by the Swabian League
and handed over to the imperial city where
he spent one night of his imprisonment as
a knight in this very tower.
The tower is open to the public. The key is available from the Heilbronn Tourist Information Office, Kaiserstraße 17 (Mon - Sat) and the City Archive (Sat & Sun).
Untere Neckarstraße, Heilbronn